"Motion is unstoppable. Action is a choice."
Being back from the Association of Fraternal Leadership and Values Conference, I have a new push to do more with my position. I'm not going to lie, it has been a discouraging start to my term, realizing that community service and philanthropy is not necessarily a community value. Communication was tough, and motivation was even tougher. Now, I have a rejuvenated energy and I am ready to get to work... again.
So I'm letting the quote above be the mantra for my term. It is an every day reminder that the issues in our community are still going to exist and the motion of these issues will keep going, unless there in an action we choose to take that makes it better. With that being said, I have already created my facebook groups to stay in contact with the service and philanthropy chairs within IFC to better communication. We are building a bigger and better "Week Without Smack" that will be able to take place in the fall, and I am working on bringing a poverty campaign to campus. I am going to be starting the Chapter of the Month award as well for community service and philanthropy to hopefully add some friendly competition to the greek community. Not to mention, I have already started to improve the way I function within my own fraternity.
Needless to say, I am going to put all of my efforts into this position, and being the best Vice President of Civic Engagement that I can be. I am going to motivate "the middle" through personal relationship building, and help our community rise to the occasions in front of us.
Anooj
No comments:
Post a Comment